History (Then and Now)
Techno Metal Post was founded in 1993 in Thetford Mines, Quebec.
The original vision of the company was to offer the best screw pile foundation service, primarily for Quebec’s residential market.
Over the years, Techno Metal Post broadened its activities and its technology is now used worldwide.
Its dealer network is continuously growing.
- 1993 Foundation of Techno Metal Post. The company assembles Techno Metal Posts, sells them and begins to develop installation machinery.
- 1994 Creation of the first 3 franchises.
- 1996 Extension of the assembly installations and addition of 4 other franchises.
- 1998 Techno Metal Post starts assembling the R2D-Post installation machine. New franchises join the network which compels the company to move into larger and more appropriate installations. The engineering department is created. Trademarks are registered.
- 2000 Techno Metal Post establishes its growth with 22 franchises in Quebec. A franchise is created in Russia. American entrepreneurs show interest in the technology.
- 2001 Activities pertaining to the research and development of specialized marchinery are assigned to the new mechanical engineering department. A new line of R2D-Post is born. The automated module for machining Techno Metal Posts is put into production. New franchises are added in Ontario and in the United States.
- 2002 Techno Metal Post receives from the CCMC (Canadian Construction Materials Centre) certification to the effect that its technology complies with the National Building Code of Canada. The technology for foundation underpinning is developed.
- 2003 Business growth prompts management to acquire a new industrial building and storage site of 11,000 sqm. Techno Metal Post France is born.
- 2004 The dealership network now consists of 36 franchises in Canada and 3 in the United States. Techno Protection now complements the Techno Metal Post system. Techno Metal Post is created in the United States.
- 2005 The research and development team includes a digital interface that can perform bearing capacity calculations during installation. A more robust line of R2D-Post is offered.
- 2006 The plant produces more than 60,000 Techno Metal Posts, installed all over the world. In France, the CSTB (Centre scientifique et techique du bâtiment) issues a Technical Assessment that is favourable to the technology. Techno Metal Post Belux is created in Belgium. In September, the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) recognizes that Techno Metal Post Inc. is certified under the CSA W47.1 standard, “Certification of Companies for Fusion Welding of Steel.”
- 2007 Techno Metal Post acquires a second plant on a 15,500 sqm-property.
- 2008 Research and development for the THP System. Techno Metal Post Spain is born.
- 2009 Techno Metal Post offers foundation solutions in Canada, the United States, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Spain! The ET-1, a new line of installation machinery, is released.
- 2010 techno Metal Post has produced over 100 000 screw piles this year. A new machinery completes the range of equipment available: the EM-1. techno Metal Post is represented by over 80 dealerships and 250 certified installers worldwide.
all our projects